Today we will be discussing the task related to the email notification part especially at the time of Shipment of the Product when it’s shipped, this we can achieve by following the below steps:
- Need to update the CMDREG with the below-mentioned SQL statement
update cmdreg set classname='com.ibm.commerce.messaging.commands.ReleaseShipNotifyCmdImpl' where interfacename='com.ibm.commerce.messaging.commands.ReleaseShipNotifyCmd';
the Release_WCS_ShipmentNotify message is disabled by default this is done using the ReleaseShipNotifyDummyImpl which is the classname updated in the CMDREG table.
- Now we need to update the required jsp file which will be the shipment notify template jsp, this jsp is located WC_eardir/Stores.war, we need to update this file using the webSphere App Server admin console.
- Now the real steps will be started which we need to update using the admin console, select the store which we need to update using the store selection page.
- Now select the message types under the configuration section.
- From the Message Types, we can see some list of options which we can select the required option for pushing the email.
- Once we select the required Message type, Click NEXT now we will see the parameter selection page appeared.
|Host||Type the fully qualified name of your mail server.|
|Port||Type the port number of the host. For example, 25.|
|Retry Duration||The duration (in hours) within which the server can try to reconnect to an SMTP host when the server is down.|
|User Name||Type the user name to log on to the SMTP server.|
|Password||Type the assigned password to authenticate SMTP server usage.|
|Recipient||Specify a default recipient. If multiple recipients are specified, separate recipient names with commas. The recipient name is replaced by the customer email address at runtime.|
|Sender||Specify the sender of the message. This text appears in the Sender field of the email message.|
|Subject||Specify the subject of the message. This text appears in the Subject field of the email message. You can specify one subject per locale.|
|CC||Type the email addresses that you want copies of the message sent to.|
|BCC||Type the email addresses that you want private copies of the message sent to.|
|Reply To||Type the email address all replies should be sent to.|
|Content-Type||Specify text/plain or text/html.|
- Once we are done with the selection and doing all the above mentioned steps, now the final step need to be done by selecting the Finish option.